This recipe from the dining services coordinator at Sunrise at Flatirons, CO, is a favorite with both his family at home and the residents he serves. Packed with layers of flavor, these seasoned mussels are the perfect complement to slices of crusty French bread for dipping into the flavorful broth.
Want more delicious dishes inspired by Sunrise dining service coordinators? RSVP to a Taste of Sunrise event
near you to experience Sunrise Signature Dining for yourself!
2 T. butter
1 c. raw bacon, diced
¼ c. red onions, small diced
2 T. garlic, chopped
¼ c. green onions, sliced
2 lb. fresh mussels
2 c. white wine
¼ c. Italian parsley, chopped
1 loaf crunchy French bread, sliced
Salt and pepper
- In a large sauté pan or wok, render bacon with butter over medium heat until crisp.
- Add red onions and sauté over high heat for about a minute.
- Add garlic and green onions, and sauté for another minute. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add mussels and stir to mix all ingredients.
- Pour wine over the mussels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook until all the mussels have opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Transfer mussels and cooking juices to a large bowl. Garnish with Italian parsley and serve with French bread.
After many conversations with his residents, the dining services coordinator at Brighton Gardens of Dunwoody, GA, created this delicious and nutrition-packed dish.
Looking for a hearty and nutritious dish for dinner? Look no further than this tasty pasta dish courtesy of our dining services coordinator at Sunrise of Worthington, OH! This is a family-tested and -approved creation that was inspired by the idea of finding a healthy dish that satisfies the taste buds. Residents at Sunrise of Worthington particularly enjoy this dish and always comment on how unexpected the flavor combinations are – in a good way! Worthington’s dining services coordinator shares, “After many years in the business I have watched our mid-western “meat and potatoes” customers develop and become more open to meat-free/vegetarian options.
At Sunrise at Webb Gin, the dining service coordinator plays a critical role in the community’s ambiance of warm hospitality. Prospective residents and their families get to take home a snack bag full of these sweet and crunchy treats after touring.
This recipe was developed by the head dining service coordinator at The Jefferson (Arlington, Virginia), from scratch. Through the process of trial and error, this recipe was perfected and it’s been a winner with residents ever since.