Sunrise Senior Living is dedicated to the very best in senior care, and as part of these efforts we focus on giving our residents the Sunrise Signature Dining Experience each day. We understand that dining and nutrition is an important part of any families decision to choose and live at Sunrise, and we do not take this trust lightly. Our Dining team works together with each community to ensure every meal is enjoyable and we have a number of goals for your dining experience:
- Nutritious. We work with our dietitians to ensure the goals established by The National Academy of Sciences are met each day. These guidelines emphasize more fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low fat milk. They also include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts, and low saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugar.
- Variety. Over the past year we have tailored 5 regional menus to our Dining program. We realize each region of our country has different “specialties” and we encourage our chefs to include these items into our daily menus. We have added seasonality to our menus as well. Along with regional specialties, we recognize the magic of seasonal produce. Our menus change with each season and the recipes reflect the freshest local harvest.
- Fresh. Over the past year we have formed relationships with new local vendors for produce, fresh meats, fish, and poultry. Our menus have options for fresh green salads at lunch and dinner. There is always a fresh “cold plate” option. Fresh fruit is available at every meal and hand fruit is always available in our bistro. Fresh foods are prepared in our kitchen. These kitchens, and our dedicated culinary team, reduces our usage of processed foods which are generally high in sodium, saturated fats, and preservatives.
- Friendly. We have added service staff dedicated to your care in our dining room. These Team Members ensure that our service is expeditious. Team members are available to help you make informed choices based on your specific dietary needs. Each person has been trained to understand the recipes which will be served during each meal and can help you understand the ingredients and preparation methods. They also strive to understand each person’s preferences on an individual basis.
- Comfortable. Our dining rooms are the social center of our communities and we work hard to ensure they are clean and bright. We post lots of information regarding menus and activities and we want you to feel at home while enjoying your meals. We also have a private dining room if you’d like to entertain your family and friends.
Click here for more information and sample menus from Sunrise’s Dining Program.
*Pictured from left to right are: Joe Decola - AED, Sophia Beckett - Dining Services Director, Tim Whelan, Lawrencia
Quaye - Executive Chef. (The Fairfax, VA)