Sunrise Suite Style Contest Rules
*Suite Style Contest – Official Rules
Two types of entries can be submitted:
• Self-nominated: a current Assisted Living or Independent Living resident of a Sunrise Senior Living community, who has been a resident for more than three months
• Nominated: a family member or friend of a current resident of a Sunrise Senior Living community who has been a resident for more than three months. Resident’s express permission is required.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age to submit a nomination form.
Eligible applicants must submit the following materials postmarked or time-stamped no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on March 1, 2013, to be considered as an official contest entry:
• Completed Official Nomination Form
• Essay of 200 words or less
One Grand Prize Winner will be selected by the contest committee. The contest entries will be evaluated independently by each judge. Below are the criteria by which the entries will be judged:
• Eligibility – if contestant is not eligible, the entry will not be judged
• Essay Component 1 – creativity and originality of written essay about why the nominated resident deserves to win
• Essay Component 2 – compelling nature of why the Sunrise suite and community are important to the resident being nominated
• Geographic considerations
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a free design consultation with Emily Henderson, HGTV “Design Star” winner, as well as an all-expense paid redesign of the winning space, valued at $3,000. The Winner will be notified no later than March 21, 2013. The consultation and redesign will be scheduled based on resident and Emily Henderson’s availability between March 21 and April 23, 2013.
Respecting Privacy and General Terms and Conditions
By self-nominating or consenting to be nominated to enter the Contest, each of the resident and non-resident participants give consent and permission to Sunrise to use, copy, edit, and broadcast, in whole or in part, the essay, as well as the resident’s name, photo, likeness, voice, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further notice, or payment or consideration of any kind should the resident be selected as the Winner. Participants release and hold harmless Sunrise and any affiliated companies and businesses as well as their employees, officers, directors and agents from any and all claims or causes of action arising from, or that may be asserted as a result of, the use of the information provided as part of the Contest. The Winner may be requested to participate in a photo shoot, the product of which, including any and all photographs, video or other media taken or collected, will be the exclusive property of Sunrise.