The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson is an AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Bronze Level skilled nursing and rehabilitative facility located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.
We specialize in transitional care from hospital to home. The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson provides 24-hour nursing and rehabilitative care that emphasizes comfort and compassion. With individualized and comprehensive care strategies in place, we take whatever measures necessary to accelerate recovery, maintain comfort, and preserve independence and dignity. We strive to facilitate a quick and thorough rehabilitation resulting in the highest levels of ability and independence.
Sunrise CareConnect–an electronic health record system–can be found in most communities, enabling us to better coordinate care, reduce risk, and improve resident outcomes.As a resident’s healthcare provider, you can be granted access to Sunrise CareConnect to track your patient.
Each Sunrise community has a Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program and committee that analyzes trend data, and evaluates systems and processes to improve delivery of care and resident outcomes. Learn more at ReferSunrise.com.
Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services and Amenities:
- 24 hour skilled nursing care
- On-site therapy services provided by HealthPro Rehabilitation up to 7 days a week, staffed by physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Compassionate and experienced nursing staff and certified nursing assistants
- Variety of menu options, featuring fresh and seasonal selections, as part of our top-notch dining program
- Diet and nutrition counseling from our own registered dietitian
- Comprehensive wound care for surgical, vascular, and diabetic wounds and ostomies
- Physicians on-site 5 days a week
- Podiatry and behavioral health consultations available on-site as needed
- Pharmacy services and medication management
- Wheelchair transportation for related medical appointments
- Social Service with comprehensive Discharge Planning
- Participates in CMS Bundle Programs for Comprehensive Joint Replacement
The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson is Medicare certified. Medicare Advantage Plans in addition to Medicare.
For further information or a tour of The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson please contact Liza John, Admissions Coordinator, at 703.741.7581.
Skilled Nursing Team Members:
Lead Certified Nursing Assistant
“I have worked with Sunrise at The Jefferson since 2003. I was promoted to Lead Certified Nursing Assistant in 2013.
I enjoy helping with our guests’ care needs. At Sunrise, we treat our guests with respect and dignity.
In my spare time, I like watching movies, cleaning and reading.”