The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson is an AHCA/NCAL National Quality Award Bronze Level skilled nursing and rehabilitative facility located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.
We specialize in transitional care from hospital to home. The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson provides 24-hour nursing and rehabilitative care that emphasizes comfort and compassion. With individualized and comprehensive care strategies in place, we take whatever measures necessary to accelerate recovery, maintain comfort, and preserve independence and dignity. We strive to facilitate a quick and thorough rehabilitation resulting in the highest levels of ability and independence.
Healthcare and Rehabilitation Services and Amenities:
- 24 hour skilled nursing care
- On-site therapy services provided by HealthPro Rehabilitation up to 7 days a week, staffed by physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Compassionate and experienced nursing staff and certified nursing assistants
- Variety of menu options, featuring fresh and seasonal selections, as part of our top-notch dining program
- Diet and nutrition counseling from our own registered dietitian
- Comprehensive wound care for surgical, vascular, and diabetic wounds and ostomies
- Physicians on-site 5 days a week
- Podiatry and behavioral health consultations available on-site as needed
- Pharmacy services and medication management
- Wheelchair transportation for related medical appointments
- Social Service with comprehensive Discharge Planning
- Participates in CMS Bundle Programs for Comprehensive Joint Replacement
The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson is Medicare certified. Medicare Advantage Plans in addition to Medicare.
For further information or a tour of The Rehabilitation & Recovery Center at The Jefferson please contact Liza John, Admissions Coordinator, at 703.741.7581.
Skilled Nursing Team Members:
Director of Sales, Skilled Nursing
“I have been a team member here at The Jefferson for more than 20 years. First, I worked as a certified nursing assistant. Since then, I have worked as the unit secretary, in our medical records group, in central supply and now in my current position as the Director of Sales.
The people with whom I work are my second family. I truly enjoy coming to work each day and helping guests and families in their time of need. At Sunrise, I feel like I’m part of a community.
In my spare time, I enjoy sitting on my couch with a cup of tea. I also like to spend time with my son, his family and my precious granddaughter.”
Licensed Practical Nurse
“I have been working with Sunrise at The Jefferson since 2009. I started as a certified nursing assistant in skilled nursing, then worked for a while as a medication care manager in our Reminiscence Neighborhood. Now I have returned to skilled nursing as a licensed practical nurse.
Customer service is my favorite part of the job. I enjoy interacting with our guests and family members, inquiring about their likes and dislikes, and addressing any concerns or non-resolved issues that happened in the previous shifts.
In my spare time, I like to spend quality time with family and friends. I also get involved in religious activities and do volunteer work, like fundraising for a clean water project in Haiti.”
Lead Certified Nursing Assistant
“I have worked with Sunrise at The Jefferson since 2003. I was promoted to Lead Certified Nursing Assistant in 2013.
I enjoy helping with our guests’ care needs. At Sunrise, we treat our guests with respect and dignity.
In my spare time, I like watching movies, cleaning and reading.”