Sunrise of Newton | Construction Activity and Updates
Sunrise Senior Living has been approved to build a new senior living community located at 431 Washington Street & 29 Hovey Street in Newton, MA.
As we make plans to begin demolition of the existing buildings and start site work and construction of our new building, we will use this web page to outline upcoming construction milestones and our Neighborhood Liaison Committee meeting dates.
Please check back here for regular updates to our construction activities and scheduled neighborhood meetings.
Upcoming Neighborhood Meeting Dates:
- February 21, 2019
- March 21, 2019
- April 25, 2019
Current Project Status:
- Entitlement Process Complete – June 26, 2018
- Construction documents complete – August 17, 2018
- Building permit third party review complete – August 31, 2018
- Building permit submission to City of Newton – October 2018
- Issuance of demo and building permit – December 24, 2018
- Demolition start: expected February 2019
- Construction start: expected March 2019
- Steel work: April 2019 – July 2019
- Exterior of building: July 2019 – November 2019
- Exterior sidewalks and roofing: September 2019 – October 2019
- All interior work: July 2019 – March 2020
*This webpage was last updated on January 8, 2019.