New Community Planned for Pleasantville, NY
A Home to Benefit Area Seniors and Families
Sunrise Senior Living is working to bring Pleasantville, NY, high-quality assisted living and memory care services through a new community adjacent to the United Methodist Church on Bedford Avenue. This community will provide a supportive environment in a convenient location for Westchester County families and friends who want to be near their aging loved ones.
Sunrise, in collaboration with Bedford Road Partners LLC (BRP), has been engaging the Pleasantville community and listening to feedback as it seeks approval for this project.
- Meets local demand for high-quality senior care, providing a home for area seniors as well as helping bring to fruition the Village’s goal, as emphasized in its Master Plan, of strengthening the growing intergenerational nature of the community
- Contributes desired real estate tax revenues, by becoming one of the largest commercial real estate tax payers in the Village, as well as creates new full-time and part-time jobs
- Helps local seniors remain part of the area they have loved and lived in for years, while serving their new needs to be cared for in an assisted living environment
- As a community for seniors, this will not require significant new infrastructure or increase school population
- Preserves the deep wooded buffers between the proposed residence and its neighbors, with a design that has a relatively low physical profile and complements the surrounding area’s architectural style
According to the Westchester Public/Private Partnership for Aging Services, by the year 2030, seniors in Westchester County will represent one in four people. In the Hudson Valley region, the number of people aged 60+ is twice as large as the national average.
Community Outreach and Involvement
Sunrise believes in neighborhood participation and transparency. Since the start, we have held many meetings with community members, to receive their input and listen to concerns. In addition, we have met with the Pleasantville Board of Trustees in working sessions, all of which were noticed and open to the public.
We are committed to being a good neighbor of Pleasantville, conforming to all zoning regulations, and being environmentally thoughtful with our community design and operations.
With 35 years of experience serving seniors, our Sunrise team provides personalized care in safe, nurturing environment where residents are treated like family. This new community will help serve today’s and tomorrow’s growing population by championing quality of life for all seniors.
View this video to learn more about the Sunrise story and how we'll bring high-quality personalized care to your local area.
We strive to provide timely updates regarding this senior living property and will post more information, as it becomes available. We welcome you to share your questions or feedback by emailing info@SunriseSeniorLiving.com
*Westchester Public/Private Partnership for Aging Services