Planning for the future
What are the benefits of LifeCare by The Fairfax?
The Fairfax already offers retirement living with a focus on a vibrant, independent lifestyle. And because care needs evolve over time, we also provide a continuum of services, including assisted living, short-term rehabilitation, memory care, and long-term nursing.
- Residents who qualify for the LifeCare program have the opportunity to save on their long-term care needs (assisted living, memory care, and long-term nursing), based on the letter plan they locked in when they signed their residency agreement for independent living.
- Up to a 30 day stay, every 90-day period in The Fairfax’s skilled nursing and/or assisted living neighborhoods, for times when additional care services are needed for a temporary time at no additional cost.*
- Residents may take advantage of U.S. tax benefits that allow a portion of their monthly fees to be written off as a health deduction; during the first year of residence, a portion of any non-refundable initial entry fee may also be eligible as a tax benefit.*
How do I qualify for LifeCare at The Fairfax?
Qualifying for LifeCare at The Fairfax is simple!
- You’ll need to provide two years of medical documentation as well as a pre-residency medical history with an examination form filled out by your physician. The Fairfax’s care team will then complete a medical assessment.
- Once we determine you’re qualified, you will choose your entry-fee options and desired cottage or apartment style.
- That’s it!
How do I take advantage of for LifeCare by The Fairfax?
Eligibility for LifeCare by The Fairfax is determined by medical documentation, personal interview and assessment by our medical director. The Fairfax entrance fee is paid whether or not you are accepted into the LifeCare program and is only available for assisted living and long-term nursing. Please see a community representative for full program information.
*The Fairfax does not provide tax advice or assistance. Please contact your personal tax advisor to discuss the tax benefits of this program. Meals are an additional $10 per day for AL and SN neighborhoods.