8 Quick and Easy Holiday Appetizer Ideas for Busy Caregivers
The holidays are busy for everyone, but they are especially so for family caregivers. Finding ways to accomplish tasks quickly and without a lot of fuss can help caregivers navigate the holiday rush. That may include adapting some holiday traditions, such as changing a formal sit-down dinner to a cocktail party, to make the season easier to manage.
We pulled together eight quick and easy appetizer recipes to help save caregivers a little time during the holidays.
Healthy Holiday Appetizers That Are Easy and Quick to Make
- Glazed cocktail meatballs: Is it even a party if there aren’t any meatballs? This delicious but quick recipe for meatballs can be made ahead and placed in a crockpot at party time.
- Mini cheese ball: This fun party appetizer is made healthier by using almond milk cream cheese. It can also be made before the party and stored in the refrigerator.
- Avocado feta dip: If you are looking for an alternative to traditional vegetable dip, give this avocado feta dip a try. It’s packed with healthy fats, and avocados are filling and tasty.
- Mini pumpkin cheesecake bites: Combine crisp phyllo mini shells and pumpkin to create a holiday appetizer that is delicious without threatening your healthy diet. It’s rich in vitamin A and fiber.
- Stuffed mushrooms: This stuffed mushroom recipe combines roasted red pepper, feta, bread crumbs, and chopped spinach. It’s a savory treat your friends will enjoy.
- Chicken satay with peanut sauce: This flavorful holiday appetizer contains chicken, yogurt, ginger, peanut butter, and curry powder. It’s an easy-to-make treat that’s sure to please party guests.
- Sweet potato rounds with herbed ricotta: If you are searching for a quick holiday appetizer that is tasty and visually appealing, this is it. Just add ricotta cheese, cinnamon, walnuts, and cranberries on top of healthy sweet potato rounds.
- Carrot fries: Another holiday appetizer to try is carrot fries. With just 10 minutes of prep time, they’ll likely be popular with busy family caregivers. You can serve them with an easy-to-make chipotle sauce for an extra dash of flavor.
Healthy Eating at Sunrise Senior Living
At Sunrise Senior Living, we know the important role a well-balanced diet plays in aging well. The Sunrise dining program offers healthy meals that look and taste great. Best of all, residents and families can visit our website to get a nutritional breakdown for each meal served in our communities. It’s just one of the many ways we help residents live their best life each day!