Where to Begin: Family Members
Asking the Right Questions
At Sunrise, “senior living” is the term we use to describe the types of care we provide to those who make one of our communities their home. Each resident is different, so we have crafted options for everyone's unique circumstances, ensuring that we are able to care for our residents in holistic and comprehensive ways.
Assisted living is designed for older adults who value their independence, but may need some support with activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, medication management, and more.
More active older adults can enjoy maintenance-free living in independent living communities.
Deciding the time is right for senior living for your loved one is a highly personal decision, based on many factors specific to your family.
Ask yourself a few of the questions below:
- Has it become cumbersome for your loved one to maintain their house and yard?
- Are there days when showering or bathing is too difficult for them to manage on their own?
- Are they isolating or finding it increasingly unappealing to get together with friends or family?
- Is it becoming harder for them to move around their home safely?
- Have they routinely missed more than a few meals or don’t appear to be eating balanced, consistent meals?
- Has decision making become a burden or challenge for them?
- Does their driving no longer feel 100 percent safe?
- Have their bills and other financial obligations been slipping?
If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, it may be time to consider exploring senior living options.
There are many types of senior living communities to accommodate varying levels of needs and lifestyle preferences, including:
At Sunrise, we believe consistent, standardized care promotes our residents’ quality of life. Our team members focus on individual well-being and get to know our residents on a personal level. We are committed to providing support tailored to your loved one’s individual needs and preferences.
Learn more about our care and living options and which might be the best fit for your loved one.
Find Senior Living Near You
Is it time for senior living?To help make a choice about senior living, it can be very useful to pay attention to certain signs that can assist in making the decision.
Having important conversationsIt can be challenging to discuss senior living with a loved one, but these tips may help make your conversations more productive.
Available financial optionsThere are a number of ways to help determine how you can best afford the costs of senior living for a loved one.