A Sunrise Recipe: Salmon Beet Salad
The buttery flavor of salmon and spicy profile of the beet salad combine into one light and refreshing recipe, perfect for any night of the week!
Nutrition Fact: Beets contain powerful nutrient compounds found in their pigments that may promote eye and overall nerve tissue health.
- 6 ounces skinless salmon fillet, cooked and flaked.
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup cooked beets, diced
- ¼ cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- Combine salmon, avocado, beets, and onions. Toss with a small amount of dressing.
- Toss greens with dressing. Arrange on an appropriate salad plate. Top with salmon mixture. Garnish with pistachios. Serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, zest, and chili powder. Season to taste. Set aside.