An update from our Chief Operations Officer regarding holiday events and celebrations taking place across Sunrise communities, and a reminder of our new app for family communications.
Dear Sunrise Residents and Families,
The holiday season is in full swing at Sunrise, and I think we can all agree that news regarding the near-term availability of a COVID-19 vaccine is one of the best gifts we could receive this year. As you’ve likely heard from your Executive Director, we are closely monitoring each state’s plans to distribute the vaccine, and we’re also in regular contact with our partners at CVS Health, as well as federal health officials, as we prepare for and support clinics in the coming weeks. Please know that we are poised to administer the vaccine as soon as it is available to each community and will continue to provide you timely updates as we receive the latest information.
Now onto more holiday cheer. I often mention the many activities taking place across our communities, and I thought it might be nice to spotlight a few of their safely conducted and socially distanced efforts to create a special holiday season for residents:
- Sunrise Villa San Jose, CA, team members put together holiday-themed activity carts. They went room to room playing Christmas music and ringing bells!
- At Sunrise on Old Meridian, IN, one resident led a cooking demonstration of her famous cranberry fluff, and after it was made, residents and team members were able to taste test the final premade product!
- At Sunrise of Wayne, NJ, team members helped residents celebrate the first night of Hanukkah with a super creative Suite Stop. One resident is even lighting the menorah every night!
- Sunrise of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec, received a very special delivery from Santa this holiday season. Each resident will receive a personalized gift addressed to them from the generosity of the local community!
- Sunrise of Arlington, VA, residents got into the holiday spirit by decorating gingerbread houses. Team members made this a fun intergenerational activity by involving a local Girl Scout troop. The girls received pictures of the houses, judged them over Facetime, and selected winners!
Resident engagement remains a focus area, and we hope you are enjoying receiving personalized updates from your community team through our Smile™ app. In addition, our teams continue to work on providing creative opportunities for residents to safely celebrate with their family members from the comfort of their home at the community. Your Executive Director can provide more information on your options, such as virtual visits, outdoor visits in states with warmer climates, indoor visits in designated areas of the community, or visits in your loved one’s suite, subject to local and state rules and the community’s Resumption of Operations phase. More information about guidelines for visitation can also be found on our web site.
While this year is unlike any we have experienced in our lifetime, the joy and love our teams have for you and your family helps keep our spirits high this holiday season, and we are energized by your continued understanding and support. Wishing you a festive holiday season and happy New Year!
Chief Operations Officer
Sunrise Senior Living