Dear Sunrise Residents and Families,
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have all endured a number of challenges, changes, and disruptions to our daily lives. Through it all, Sunrise has prioritized the health and safety of our residents and team members and closely adhered to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health and government agencies. In doing so, we have implemented various phases of restricted operations across our communities while still working hard to maintain the joy of Sunrise and create daily meaningful moments that we know are so important to our residents and families. It has been a whirlwind and we know it has not always been easy for you and your loved ones.
With that, we’re happy to share that brighter days truly are ahead as we introduce new operating guidelines for all of our communities, which will allow for more visitors, more activities and, importantly, more opportunities for the frequent in-person connections that our residents long for.
Going forward, we are moving away from a Phased Resumption of Operations. Instead, we are establishing a “new normal” that will help residents enjoy many of the activities and routines they experienced before the pandemic began. Specific community offerings will vary based on state and local regulations, community vaccination rates, and the vaccination status of each resident and visitor.
Examples of what residents may experience under this new operating model include:
- A variety of indoor and outdoor group activities and special events
- Open common areas and amenity spaces such as game rooms, libraries, bistros, and gyms where residents can be active and socialize
- Open community dining rooms where residents can enjoy meals together
- Community outings and day trips
- Trips out of the community without having to quarantine upon return
- Visitation with guests in their suites and community common areas
We encourage you to review this operations overview for more on what you may see and experience in our communities going forward. Your community leadership will provide specific details on what will be offered to you and your loved ones and when activities will resume.
While we are excited to introduce this new operating model, we know the pandemic is not yet fully behind us, so it’s important that we keep safety and infection control measures in place.
- Any community that experiences a COVID-19 outbreak will return to restricted operations to help stop the spread of the virus
- Communities will follow all federal, state/provincial, and/or local government and agency guidelines, which take precedence if they are more restrictive than Sunrise guidance
- Team members, residents, and visitors—regardless of vaccination status—will continue to wear masks in community common areas
- Residents will continue to practice social distancing when out in public among large groups of people in accordance with community and local guidance
- We will continue to practice diligent hand hygiene and frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- We will continue screening protocols for residents, team members, and all visitors
This “new normal” is only possible because of the high vaccination rates among our residents and team members and the science behind those vaccines, which continues to validate their importance for helping prevent new infections and stop the spread of COVID-19. If you or your loved ones are still hesitant about receiving the vaccine, we encourage you to download this vaccine infographic to learn more.
We hope this new guidance brings you and your loved ones comfort, joy, and lots of in-person visits, face-to-face chats, and warm hugs. We cannot thank you enough for your ongoing trust, support, and incredible partnership.
As always, we encourage you to reach out to your community leadership with any feedback or questions. We remain committed to providing you and your family members with personalized, quality care and look forward to our bright future together!
Chief Operating Officer
Chief Clinical Officer