Dear Sunrise Residents and Families,
Across our communities, we are excited to open our doors, welcome brighter days, and start making new memories after more than a year of battling the COVID-19 pandemic. When it comes to programming, we see every day as an opportunity for residents to engage, enjoy, express, learn, grow, Live With Purpose, and do more of what they love. And to support them on this journey, we are focused on doing more than just getting back to our pre-pandemic normal—we aim to be better than ever as we champion our residents’ overall well-being.
Proudly, personalized care and support is a mainstay of the Sunrise experience. We embrace our residents’ individuality and work with them to offer programming that will enrich their minds, bodies, and spirits. Our talented team members develop dynamic and comprehensive event and activity calendars based on residents’ passions and interests. These activities are also an opportunity for residents to connect with each other, Sunrise team members, loved ones, and those in the broader community.
Here are just some of the things we’re most excited about as our communities transition to anew normal:
- More outdoor activities. We’ve never been so excited to get outside, feel the sun on our faces, and experience nature.
- Live With Action programs. These activities are focused on daily exercise—whether it’s yoga, a Zumba class, or a walk around the community.
- Music and entertainment. Watch for music, entertainers, dancing, and singing to make a full comeback and infuse new energy into our communities.
- Community outings. Residents can look forward to Sunrise vans taking them to picnics in the park, local museums, restaurants, shops, churches, movie theaters, and so much more.
- Intergenerational programs. We will be offering programs that connect our residents with younger generations.
The activities and events offered will be personalized to each community, so watch for details from your community’s leadership on what will be available to you and when. Please also keep in mind that while we are optimistic for the future, it is important to stay vigilant in the fight against COVID-19 and we are keeping safety and infection control measures in place in accordance with evolving state, provincial, and local health guidance.
We know family communication is key and we are committed to keeping you informed about and involved with the daily lives of your loved ones. We do this in several ways, including weekly update letters from community leaders, regular phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings. Our Smile Family Engagement App is a great resource for two-way communication about community programming, events, and activities. We use it to share pictures, videos, information about scheduled events, and more (of note, the app should not be used to discuss medical information). In the coming months, we will also introduce a new monthly resident and family newsletter to help further keep you up to date.
As with everything we do, your input matters and I encourage you to reach out to your community leadership frequently with feedback. We are overjoyed to reemerge with more smiles, renewed energy and purpose, and ready to create meaningful moments. We also welcome you to visit your loved ones and join in on the fun!
Vice President of Engagement and Program Services
Sunrise Senior Living