As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, some may grow weary of continued social distancing and infection control protocols that are in place to help limit the spread of the virus. But, as the virus continues to spread globally, it’s important to continue to take steps to help safeguard each other and ourselves.
Sunrise team members remain committed to prioritizing the health and well-being of our residents and everyone in our communities by adhering to expanded infection control and social distancing protocols. Even as certain states and regions begin easing social distancing regulations, Sunrise plans to keep expanded protocols in place for the foreseeable future across all communities, whether or not they are in areas that are reopening. This is for the safety and well-being of everyone in our communities and is in line with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health and government agencies.
In addition to the expanded infection control protocols in place at our communities, Sunrise team members have been asked to follow the important practices, even when they are outside of our communities. Below, see a poster that is displayed in Sunrise communities across North America.
These are all simple steps everyone can take—regardless of your age, health, or where you live—to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer, including when you first leave your house and arrive back at home.
- Stay at least six feet away from others while in public.
- Wear appropriate face coverings. In Sunrise communities, this means medical masks. Outside of a Sunrise community or similar healthcare space, you should wear cloth face coverings.
- Cough/sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are frequently touched. At home, this might include phones, refrigerator handles, countertops, remote controls, light switches, cabinets, etc.
- If you feel sick, stay home and away from others.
To read more about Sunrise’s response to COVID-19, visit SunrisePrepared.com. The health and safety of our residents and team members remain our top priority.