We are proud to celebrate 40 years of first-class care alongside our dedicated team members and incredible residents and their families. As our 40th Anniversary celebration ends, we wanted to use this time to reflect on all the ways we’ve honored 40 years of Sunrise over the past 10 months.
We started our celebration with a message from Sunrise CEO, Jack Callison, in December—commemorating the date when the first Sunrise location opened in 1981.
Each month, we’ve focused on an aspect of the Sunrise legacy that continues to make us the leader in senior care that we are today:
- Sunrise at 40: Shining Bright Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow – Kicking off our celebration in December, we looked back on our history, celebrated where we are today, and looked ahead to our future where we will continue to shine bright
- 40 Years of Commitment to our Mission and Principles – In January, we highlighted the ways our mission and principles have shaped our brand and customer experience into what it is today
- 40 Years of Serving Hearts – In honor of Valentine’s Day, we celebrated we shined a spotlight on the serving hearts of our community and regional team members and shared their stories
- 40 Years of Delicious Dining – In March, we celebrated the incredible Sunrise Dining program during National Nutrition Month by highlighting the personalized experience our Dining Services teams create for residents every day
- 40 Years of Outstanding Care – In April, we focused on our unique approach to care which engages the mind body and spirit of each resident—a key part of our mission to champion quality of life for all seniors
- 40 Years of Engaging Programming – We highlighted our signature Sunrise Live With Purpose™ program in May, which allows residents to do more of what they love through activities that cater to their interests and passions
- 40 Years of Personalized, High-Quality Memory Care – In June, we shared about our approach to Memory Care, which includes strategically designed Reminiscence Neighborhoods, engaging activities, and our amazing Memory Care team who are highly trained and go above and beyond to care for residents with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other forms of memory loss
- 40 Years of Growth and Development – We are committed to continuous growth and development. In July we shared about how we will continue to grow and develop into the future.
- Shining on Into the Next 40 Years – We shared a peek into the future of Sunrise last month—one that is sure to bright for next 40 years and beyond
Continuing to Shine
We are honored to be able to share in this celebration with residents and their families, as well as our incredible team who live our mission and Principles of Service every day. While our 10-month celebration is over, we look forward to celebrating the future of Sunrise for many years to come.
Our CEO, Jack Callison shared his thoughts about this milestone celebration and his excitement for the future: “Not many organizations can get to the point where they’re celebrating 40 years of existence,” he said, “In the mission-driven field we’re in, think about how many lives we have positively impacted and enriched during that 40-year period—from residents and family members to team members. But what I’m even more excited about is the next 40 years in terms of all that’s to come. Our future is incredibly bright.”