The Designated Care Manager
The designated care manager is a role unique to Sunrise. A serving heart, the designated care manager is a compassionate and trained caregiver who consistently cares for the same residents in their suites and throughout the community. A designated care manager offers a helping hand and a listening ear, while encouraging their independence and preserving dignity.
Designated care manager responsibilities:
- Focus on learning and meeting each resident’s unique needs with the support of other community team members
- Help residents maintain independence, promote dignity and physical safety of each resident
- Assist with housekeeping, laundry, dining services, activities and other functions that allow them to spend more time with the residents
Benefits for the resident and family members:
- A friend the resident can turn to for emotional support
- A trained professional who can note and address changes observed through ongoing personal interaction
- A valuable contributor to a resident’s Individualized Service Plan
- An available and reliable liaison for family members
Visit a Sunrise Senior Living in your area and meet one of our designated care managers.