John Bertram House
Situated in historic Salem, our tight-knit community helps you enjoy the local area as well as an intimate atmosphere where your neighbors will soon become your good friends.
Get in Touch
If you’re interested in learning more about our community, we’d love to hear from you. Just fill out the form and one of our senior living experts will be in touch within 24 hours.
How can we help you today?
Select from the options below to learn more about our community and how we can meet your needs.
Welcome to John Bertram House
For those who wish to stay on—or move to—the North Shore when seeking senior living, our Sunrise community at the historic John Bertram House is the perfect choice. Our community offers a rare combination of qualities, from the unique architecture and interiors to the historic Salem, MA, locale. Our small size—just 25 residents—contributes to an intimate, cozy atmosphere where residents and team members combine to form a true family. Our convenient location makes outings to local shopping and dining fun for everyone.
A Warm and Engaging Home
- Residents enjoy a variety of daily social, learning, spiritual, creative, and fitness activities
- Scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs cover a variety of interests
- Offering services such as transportation, an on-site salon, podiatry, and occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- Three fresh, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Award-winning community for customer satisfaction from NRC Health
Prime Salem Location
- Located in historic Salem, MA
- Situated along Washington Square North on the Historic Salem Common
- Close to Peabody Essex Museum, Historic Salem, Northshore Shopping Center, Hawthorne Hotel and Restaurant, and Salem Willows Park
- Within easy reach of Boston and the beaches of Cape Ann
- Medical support provided by Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Northshore Medical Center, and a variety of Boston-area medical facilities
Life Tailored to You
We get to know you—your preferences, your strengths, your needs—so we can focus on your individual well-being. Explore our neighborhoods to see which one might be best for you.
We Help You Enjoy Every Day
Exceptional DiningYou can taste the difference in our meals. Using fresh ingredients, our in-house chef crafts a diverse menu packed with seasonal favorites.
Fun and Engaging ActivitiesWith our jam-packed calendar of programming, activities, and social events, you can make every moment count in our community.
Robust ServicesYou can enjoy a hassle-free lifestyle with services like housekeeping, laundry, trash removal, transportation, and much more.
Contact our team to learn more
Our Personalized Pricing Model
There are many factors to consider when choosing a senior living community, and we know cost is an important one. Every aspect of our care and services is highly personalized to best fit the needs and preferences of our residents, which is reflected in our pricing.
SUITE TYPEWe offer a variety of floor plan options, allowing you to choose just the right amount of space that fits your needs and lifestyle.
CARE LEVELBefore you move in, one of our nurses will meet with you to determine your unique healthcare needs. From there, we will select the appropriate care level for you to ensure your care and services are personalized to you. Your care level price is added to your chosen suite cost.
ADDITIONAL SERVICESSome services, including medication management, are priced separately from your care level. Depending on your needs, some additional service fees may apply.