Affording Senior Living: Financial Options
More resources for financing assisted living are available now than ever before. And at Sunrise, we understand that everyone has unique circumstances that help determine how they can best afford the costs of assisted senior living for themselves or their loved ones.
Aside from the sale of a home or traditional savings, you may qualify for some of the additional options outlined below that provide flexibility and access to resources for assisted living financing.
Elderlife Financial Services
To help seniors and family members navigate through the many options available for financing assisted living, Sunrise is pleased to partner with Elderlife Financial Services.
The Elderlife Financial Concierge can help you:
- Learn more about financial options, such as an unsecured line of credit or secured lending options such as a home loan
- Access real estate specialists that will assist with every step of selling your home
- Work with Veterans Administration experts to apply for assisted living benefits, including Aid and Attendance
- Convert your life insurance policy into a long-term care benefit
- Explore the various options to fund the very best senior living and download our flyer for more information
Call 1-(866)-506-4244 or email us today.
An Elderlife Financial Concierge will help you design a personalized financial plan so your family can start enjoying the assisted living care, service and peace of mind you deserve.
Quick Buy Program by Moving Station
For seniors who are ready to move but do not want to deal with the process of selling a home, the Quick Buy Program by Moving Station provides a stress-free way to sell your home in as few as 30 days.
Moving Station assists seniors with the challenges of moving and offers a comfortable transition, allowing you to settle into your new lifestyle with ease. The Quick Buy program can also help you downsize your belongings and select a moving company.
The Moving Station will:
- Sell your home in as few as 30 days, providing certainty that you have a buyer and freeing you to move to your new home on your schedule.
- Provide a hassle-free home sale. Without spending the time and money to prepare the property for sale, you can pack at your leisure, rather than maintaining show-ready conditions for last-minute viewings.
- Offer objective real estate data, including fair market value of your real estate. Moving Station also will identify items to make the home market ready, if you choose to list.
Call Moving Station at 888-816-8665 or visit us at senior.movingstation.com.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs outlines the benefits available to our senior veterans. War veterans and their spouses may be eligible to receive nearly $2,000 per month to help defray the cost of assisted living or other non-reimbursed medical care through the Aid and Attendance Program.
For more information about financing senior care through veterans’ benefits, contact your Veterans Regional Office, (800) 827-1000.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) offers tax deductions on some costs related to senior care for both the resident and their family caregiver. Sunrise does not provide tax advice, but we suggest reaching out to your tax adviser or accountant for guidance on assisted living financing. We encourage you to contact a local Sunrise Senior Living community to learn more or visit the Sunrise Senior Living Blog for updates.
A companion living shared suite offers all the features and benefits of senior living homes at a more affordable level. Companion residents enjoy great meals, engaging activities, transportation and most importantly, experienced team members dedicated to compassionate care.
Sunrise Companion Living residents are matched through a common background or interest that can serve as a foundation for a friendship. Companion living eases the transition to the community through the guidance of a roommate who can help with feelings of isolation and depression and can help build confidence and self-worth through a meaningful relationship.
Find a Sunrise Senior Living location in your area to learn more about financing options and the costs of assisted living.
All content contained within this page is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for advice and information from a personal financial or tax advisor. Sunrise is not a provider of any of these financial products or of any financial and tax advice, and does not endorse or take responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained on the websites above or receive incentive compensation from the companies and products listed here. Individuals should consult with their personal financial or tax advisor for advice about what financial options are best for them.